Okay, okay...so I haven't posted anything in over a month. Oops.
You didn't really want to hear about September anyway, did you? I mean, it's not like anything exciting happened. ...Well, I guess Josie's walking now. That's new. And she's down to one nap a day. And Colin and I replaced his battle-scarred old Toyota Corolla with a shiny new Mazda3. And summer ended. And autumn began.
There actually has been a lot going on, it seems. And hence the dearth of new material. The low-light of last month has to have been when we took a family trip down to Oregon to celebrate Sue's birthday at the wonderful and fabulous McMenamin's Grand Lodge Hotel. The party was fun, the company lovely, but as it turned out, Josie wasn't too keen on the idea of sleeping in the same room as Colin and I (...you're no great shakes yourself, kid...), and we ended up packing up and making the four-hour drive home in the middle of the night like some sad sort of birthday-revelry refugees. A good time was not had by all.
Aside from that incident, however, Josie has been pretty darn delightful these days. I mentioned before that she's walking now. She's been at it for about two weeks now and is starting to get a pretty good clip going at this point. Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds, too. There's a lot going on in that little brain, and we love having her around.
Most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment