Josie and Colin at The Decemberists show, Woodland Park Zoo, 8-23-06
Remember when I thought that I would have enough time, while caring for a new baby, to create and frequently update a family webpage? That was funny, wasn't it? Turns out that's not the case at all, as I'm sure you've surmised by this point. Nevertheless, I'm going to try to keep this thing going.



Shortly after we returned from the Twin Cities, it was time to have Grandma, Grandpa, Oma and Uncle Bob out to Seattle for Josie's baptism. As Josie has been experiencing regular periods of evening fussiness ("fussiness" seems like a very euphamistic term at times, does it not?), her dad and I were pretty anxious to see what sort of behavior the 5pm ceremony would elicit. Happily, however, we seem to have underestimated our daughter's respect for religious ceremony, and she remained either asleep or happy throughout the whole thing. The baptismal mass was followed by a casual dinner shin-dig at our place, in which the Capecchi and O'Neill clans celebrated Josie, gave lovely gifts, and ate delicious cake. We were very fortunate to have our families around us; Josie is a very lucky little girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment